adjust rear level

coreydv

LVC Member
Reaction score
85 TC Signature

I notice after 6 months the rear looks a couple inches low and I thought it was because I park facing uphill and it put more weight on the back springs.
I was thumbing through the owners manual and noticed one paragraph about a height adjuster in the trunk; I didn't know she had one.

Does it, and if so am I suppose to hear a compressor kick on every once in a while, because I don't every remember hearing an unusual electric pump sound.

I have an 87 TC with the air-load leveler.

For me It's UNDER the trunk on the center of the rear axle. Just turn the bar counter clockwise (looking from the bottom to top of your TC) and viola! (I took the bar off and did it, it was a little rusty)

If your but-end is saggin - replace the springs. I did that to mine and it took me >30 minutes to do. Just unbolt both bottom shocks (make sure the axle is supported) lower the axle enough to get the old ones out/new ones in and bolt the shocks back up (Use the weight of the car to compress the springs. I just did it in my garage with 2 jackstands and a jack! :D

Members online

Back