Adios!!

#1fordfan

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The LS is no more, traded up for a new Fusion. The LS was a great driving car and looks that are so unique, those are the only good things about the car.
The overly engineered systems, unreliability and overall cost of the car far exceeds the good points.
Enjoyed pissing many of you off, just too easy as many of you are too sensitive and lack common sense!!
Many of the members have it, especially Joegr, many do not.
Enjoy your rides!!!

IMG00008-20100420-1204.jpg

IMG_0187 (Small).JPG

Later dirtbag :D Enjoy the new(er) car, Im contemplating the same. Well, not a homo-a$$ Fusion but something not so "engineered" and with a better after market..

Oh well, good luck with the Fusion. I wouldn't consider it a trade up, but that's just my opinion. Clearly yours is different. Anyway, maybe you can find a Fusion board to have fun with...

I would not consider the Fusion a "trade up". Completely uninspired styling and driving experience in my opinion....traded down from luxury sport to econobox. It should be reliable and get good mileage however:D

The LS is no more, traded up for a new Fusion.

Traded up?? lol you're funny. You certainly downgraded. Your LS looked way better than that dinky Fusion. Good luck with that turd!!

263 horse, Sync, better fuel mileage, better acceleration, more reliable, wont overheat, 3/36 warranty, sway bar bushings dont rattle, power seats work, moon roof does not leak, coils that actually fire, common sense tells me this is not a down grade, hell, my daughters Focus is an upgrade from the LS.

263 horse, Sync, better fuel mileage, better acceleration, more reliable, wont overheat, 3/36 warranty, sway bar bushings dont rattle, power seats work, moon roof does not leak, coils that actually fire, common sense tells me this is not a down grade, hell, my daughters Focus is an upgrade from the LS.

With those conditions, then yes it was a trade up from "your" LS, but not from "the" LS. Both of my LS's (or is it LSes?) have 280Hp, have never overheated or even hinted at it, came with factory 5yr/50K warranties, don't have rattles, power seats work, including the heated and cooled parts, moon roofs don't leak, and all coils work. Yes, the upkeep expenses for the LS's are more than they were for my Grand Marquis's, but the LS's are a lot better to drive.

Any car can get to the condition yours apparently was in if not fully and well maintained.

First post by #1fordfan:

common sense!!!

"Been visiting this site for some time and have picked up a ton of good information, Thanks!! Thought I could make a causal observation and possibly help out a few of the members.
I work for Ford and have driven some great cars over my lifetime, I am probably older than most of the members and would love to give a little advice on LS ownership.

The LS is not a sports car, just a pretty good attempt at a performance sedan by Lincoln.
If you beat it, it will break. If you take care of the car, your chances of expensive repairs will drop.
Doing donuts and burnouts are always bad for a car, dont care how much money you spent to upgrade components.
If you wanted a car with good gas mileage, dont buy an LS.
if you wanted an inexpensive car to operate, dont buy an LS.
If you wanted a sports car, dont buy an LS.

The more expensive a car is when it was new will determine how expensive it is to repair and keep in good shape.

If you are looking for a fun car that looks great, you bought the right car!! The common theme for most of the posts revolve around how hard your LS is driven and then complain about the time and money involved to fix it.

Keep up the great posts, thanks!! "

All I can say is it appears you should have followed your own advice "dont buy an LS".

My advice now: "if you are looking for a car that's not fun to drive and looks bad pick a Fusion!'

Just because you didn't do proper maintenance on your car and it went to sh!t doesn't mean you had a bad car. It means you're a bad owner. I bet you wouldn't put the title up for that thing against my LS? (seeing you said it had better acceleration) Hell I will win that car from you then sell you that turd back because I wouldn't want it if it was given to me(or won). Face it you definitely downgraded. Oh yea, you're a bigger idiot for that comment about the focus being an upgrade from the LS. You must have not taken your medicine lately because you are making retarded decisions and statements.

at least tell us it's the 263hp sport version. (even though 263hp is LESS than the 2003+ LS hp ratings).

well maybe you should have used some common sense and bought a car that was a little less beat down and in better shape to begin with

at least tell us it's the 263hp sport version. (even though 263hp is LESS than the 2003+ LS hp ratings).

Pay attention.

looks like a downgrade, but the fusion doesnt have good looks

glad you stayed in the ford family

cant wait for the 2012 focus

there is no way those are your cars

some have NY plates, some ND plates, some MN plates

Members online

No members online now.
Back