Additional Cigarette Lighter Location?

Hawk03

Dutch User
Reaction score
Has anyone installed an additional cigarette lighter socket to plug in more than one accessories? Pics?

I would like to install a permanent one instead of having a dual socket sticking out.

Only having one is starting to get cramped.

Put one in the console. My gen II came with one in there from the factory (I think).

Unless I am missing your specific needs(which I kinda am), are you not still going to have "spaghetti" with power cords regardless of an additional lighter socket?

Gen II's did come with one in the center console, mine does anyway.

Is it for your personal use or a passenger? This will change the location of the dealio.

My 03 sport came with three. Two above the ash tray and one in the center console. I have a cool looking air freshener in it (always getting asked what it is) and now my fm transmitter in the second and my phone charger in the center console one. All three are very handy.

My air freshener.

Cigar_Lighter_Air_freshener_diffuser.jpg

You have a pic of this cool looking air freshener? I just stick wafers under the seats

I hard wired one behind the panel on the driver side of the dash. Panel is easy to remove.... I have my garmin pluged into it so it looks hardwired but can easily be removed....

I have one next to the speaker on the center console, I had to put one up front as I have 2 of my gauges in my center area where the ashtray was and my tom tom cord was too short to reach the back one. I did run the cord all the way up to the windshield behind the dash.

I also plug my phone charger in there, I also have a power inverter, that will be hard wired in the car some where soon.

My 03 sport came with three. Two above the ash tray and one in the center console. I have a cool looking air freshener in it (always getting asked what it is) and now my fm transmitter in the second and my phone charger in the center console one. All three are very handy.

Theres actually only two....the cigarette lighter socket isnt supposed to be used but can be used. The other two sockets are actually meant for 12v accessories and are fused for it.

You have a pic of this cool looking air freshener? I just stick wafers under the seats

Its all about the black ice!!

Lol, yeah I edited it in on the post. I bought it in Cali and can't find refills for it out here. I paid $5 for it at autozone and they've never seen it here in WV. I might have my sister send me another lol cause I lost my refills. Each filter thingy lasts a very long time like 6 months. I've only used 2 of the filters because I lost the others and I've had it since I bought the car in 09. Every once in a while I can catch the smell (new car) but this filter has been in there for over a year.

Gen II's did come with one in the center console, mine does anyway.

Is it for your personal use or a passenger? This will change the location of the dealio.

Its for both. When my passenger and I both need to charge our cell phones/use GPS/plug in other gadgets.

Our Civic has one inside the console armrest, which is handy but I've also seen them on the passenger side of the console. I'm not too concerned with anyone in the back not being able to use one.

I hard wired one behind the panel on the driver side of the dash. Panel is easy to remove.... I have my garmin pluged into it so it looks hardwired but can easily be removed....

I may have to try something like this as well with my GPS or cell phone charger.

I may have to try something like this as well with my GPS or cell phone charger.

Yep... its basically a hard wired 12v accessory jack behind the dash.... that way u dont have to F with wiring anything else in, or cut holes in the interior....

Its all about the black ice!!

after getting in and out of customers cars for the past 4 yrs, i dont care for the black ice too much anymore. maybe its because they over-do it to the max.:confused: my step dads f150 has black ice in it, but it just smells like cologne to me and smells fine.

Members online

Back