Adding rear deck speakers to base system. Help

i just dont see the point of adding more lower quality speakers to what you already have. if you have kappa's in the doors, i wouldn't expect to get much better sound out of adding them, since they are still full range speakers, your not going to get any deeper lows, and because of their placement, they will drown out the higher quality speakers in the oem location, if you want to better hear the rear speakers, you should just move the comps up to that location.

i also have a lot of extra equipment laying around, i dont bother putting them in anything because all the other cars already have better stuff in them and it wouldn't improve anything.

more doesn't always equal better, and more can actually equal less...
ima take your word on that saves me some time
maybe i should just tune my eq
btw
my stereo goes up to 40 but only go up to 27 idk why is that a good volume limit?

Haven't been on in forever but saw your thread and figured I might be of some assistance because I have done this. Check out my old thread of some progress..http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=80211

I didn't provide new/finished/updated pics, but I currently have 2 6x8 speakers in the rear deck (mounted from the top and a smaller pioneer amp powering them (mounted upside down on the rear deck where the old stock amp used to be). I ran all the wires through the "channel" and it's a super clean install. It was my first full stereo install and I will say I was pretty damn proud of myself. It was a bit of a pain to mount the amp there and took some maneuvering and work, but it has been there for about a year and I've had no problems. If you want more pics or have questions, let me know.

Yours looks cleaner than most that I see on here ;)

Members online

Back