adding goodies

BlindDude

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I can swap in some heated/memory/lumbar seats if my car didnt come with it.
I can find the parts I need at wrecking yard. I imagine I would need the seats, and the controller that is in the drivers side armrest?
And all I would have to do is plug the stuff in the factory harnesses?
Is there any computer issues that can be resolved after this swap?

I have seen way too many posts that people just plain dont know what there talking about when they answer.
I would greatly appreciate you not posting if you havent had experience with this. I dont want to know what you think, I want to know what YOU KNOW!
lol
thanks

It might help if you let us know what year and make & model you are talking about.

Now were talking about parts from the same year Deville or close to it?

yes, same year, dont know about model? I was hoping that all devilles are the same but with different options thrown in?
I have a base model.
I know that my car has a spot "grill" for a center dash speaker but there is no speaker there. Bose systems come with this speaker, and I dont have a bose. This made me think that the car is all "wired" for all the options, and the factory just throws in the desired parts? I hope?

Thanks for the input.

First off, how much experience do you have with cars? More specifically, Cadillacs and their electrical systems? If the answer isn't "Lots, I work in a car customization shop", you're probably not going to have a fun time with a project like this.

However, anything is possible, and if the car isn't your daily driver, you can probably make it happen - Anything is possible given enough time, money, and skill.

wow, that is not good to hear. but thanks
if the harness is the same, shouldnt it just plug into it?
there is probably alot more to it but this is why I am asking.
now that I think about it, with memory seats, I am sure that the memory is not retained in the seat control or armrest buttons. It has to be sent to the cpu.
Cadillac is a nice car, but all the bull:q:q:q:q that I have already gone through just trying to find info is a nightmare. I really like the class of ride it is and will most definetely be dissapointed with just about any other vehicle(luxury wise).
I wish they made these cars more user friendly(aftermarket parts).

I work in the car business, and Im very close with the technicians that work on these kinds of situations.

You're likely going to have trouble with the seats once you get them installed. The PCM (computer 'brain' of the car) likely won't recognize, or will need some sort of software plugin/upgrade to make what you're wanting to do, possible. You want to make friends with a 15-A technician who knows Cadillacs, and have him help you out. You're going to need a Tech2 in order to look/:q:q:q:q with your PCM. A 15-A will have access to one of those. What you're talking about is a serious thing, and Id not mess with it unless professional help was involved.

Thanks for the reply. I will drop that subject as I do not know any technicians. sent you a PM btw

Members online

No members online now.
Back