adding a sunroof

nawar

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all
I have a lincoln navigator 2003 with no sunroof ! It was too good to pass on the car, any ways i went ahed and bought a scrap lincoln navigator 2003 same colour all the same except the new one had the sunroof option and the auto lift gate, my qwestion is are the wires the same or would i have to do wirings too ,
Thanks.

Hey all
I have a lincoln navigator 2003 with no sunroof ! It was too good to pass on the car, any ways i went ahed and bought a scrap lincoln navigator 2003 same colour all the same except the new one had the sunroof option and the auto lift gate, my qwestion is are the wires the same or would i have to do wirings too ,
Thanks.

I imagine if your trying to add a sunroof to a navigator that didnt came off the line with one u will have to do the wiring with relays and all, now i dont know how your navigator looks like from the inside but some of them come with an overhead tv screen so that might be on the way of the sunroof and maybe your overhead ac outlets, just my 2 cents bro

Hey Nawar,

I personally would not install a sunroof on a non-sunroof model. The reason is simple, the arches configuration on the non-sunroof version is different versus the sunroof version. On a sunroof version, your roof panel has a flange and also a sunroof stiffner all around the sunroof opening which allow the sunroof to seal properly. Plus, cutting the the roof on your truck means that you will be cutting one or more roof arches that gives your truck the rigidity to pass the safety tests (rollover, roof cruch, etc)

just something to think about!

Hey
I installed the sunroof, best thing ever it was all the same i had to cut one bracket and put the sunroof frame wich i bought off another lincoln i do recommend installing a sunroof

Members online

No members online now.
Back