access door between lights above mirror

93zzzt

Not parking under trees.
Reaction score
What is the little access door in the top console above the rear view mirror for? It's on the same console the outside air temp and compass is. It's a little flip type door that has some connectors inside it. What is it used for and why?

Well i was thinking about tying into that for power for a radar detector and cell phone bracket. since it's useless otherwise, that makes it a great 12 volt power source.

93zzzt said:
Well i was thinking about tying into that for power for a radar detector and cell phone bracket. since it's useless otherwise, that makes it a great 12 volt power source.
Not totally useless :)

86046_010.jpg
86046_011.jpg

...giggle...

Now i just need to figure out what i can put a switch up there for. and rewire some stuff for an LED.

I got out of the car stereo world years ago, but all that crap i learned on how to mess with interior stuff is good for something i guess.

lol, i put my ipod in it, cuz i have i-trip, the thing that makes ur ipod go thru the radio, and its like it was made just for that, it gives awesome reception right there. it falls out once a week, so im gonna put some rubber on the bottom part. tha thsould work.

CFH said:
lol, i put my ipod in it, cuz i have i-trip, the thing that makes ur ipod go thru the radio, and its like it was made just for that, it gives awesome reception right there. it falls out once a week, so im gonna put some rubber on the bottom part. tha thsould work.

:slam

Members online

No members online now.
Back