accelerator problem....

joshluvsla

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I dont know the exact names of the parts of the problem I had. But I was driving down the 710 freeway In LA and all of a sudden the accelerator pedal wasnt responding. I would pump it and pump it and the car would not respond. The car was still running everything was on. I pulled over to the shoulder and i checked it looks like some type of link that connects the throttle body gas intake to the accelerator. I connected it and tried to drive a little and it worked but soon it stopped again. Thank GOD I have AAA it has been used many times with this car. I took it to the dealer and they replaced something called I think a thottle body grommet? anyhow it works great now. I ended up costing me $110 with parts and labor... Did any of you ever experience this?

So the cheap piece of plastic that holds the throttle cable in place broke. Never had that happen. Do you WOT your car often? Or make a lot of sudden changes in throttle while you're driving?

He does WOT in the turns too often, that's why.

So the cheap piece of plastic that holds the throttle cable in place broke. Never had that happen. Do you WOT your car often? Or make a lot of sudden changes in throttle while you're driving?

Members online

No members online now.
Back