accel coils

Going to change coils ( and plugs/fliters/etc. ) on my 2000 V6 and I'm not sure what Accel # is correct. All my searching leads me to believe part # and "issues" with them relate to the V8.

So, that being said.....

Are the Accel XXXX0032 coils correct for the V6, again, 2000 model?
Will I have to reverse the wires in the harness like the V8 owners need to?
Will there be any interference with the engine cover and/or intake? I assume no to that based on a cursory exam of the engine....
Will I need those Hite aluminum adaptors?

On a semi-related note, those little round plug in retainers, the one on the engine cover and all the ones across the cowl cover, I assume they are removed by pushing down that little central pin? My other car has similar retainers, but those are removed by pulling up on the central pin, which the ones on the Lincoln have no provision for.

TIA

Give Hite337 a yell or do run through a somewhat recent thread Hite commented on regarding a similar question. He runs Accels in his LSE.

I don't have any experience with the V6 but if the factory V6 COPs are the same part number as the V8 then the Accel COPs should work and you will need the brackets. I'm too busy to search for the part number right now. The Accel part number is 140032

I don't have any experience with the V6 but if the factory V6 COPs are the same part number as the V8 then the Accel COPs should work and you will need the brackets. I'm too busy to search for the part number right now. The Accel part number is 140032

The V6 and V8 coils are different part numbers. I loaned some spare V8 coils to a friend with a V6 for temporary use. He said they wouldn't fit.

Bummer?

So.....V6 owners are relegated to "factory", Autozone and the like specials, and that's it as far as coils go?

If anybody has a V6, and managed to find an Accel ( or maybe an MSD ) coil, and effectively used it, please post the part# and what year engine it went on.

Thanks

Why not just slap the Visteon's for the V6 in and be done with it ?

Visteon (Motorcraft) 60-1004 Ignition Coils (Set of 6) DG517

They are more readily available for the V6 then for the V8.

I've thought about that....but like others have said RE - coils, I'm looking at the Accel's more for convenience than anything else. If one happens to take a dump, I could get another within minutes/hours locally instead of days.

May just bite the bullet and get 7 Visteons.....

Members online

Back