Accel 8MM wires

WackyWRZ

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Accel 8MM wires are any good as compared to MSD or FMS ones? The local autoparts store has them part number Accel 5141

Im a FMS guy. But I have had Split Fire wires that we're 8mm and my fms wires are 9mm. Im all about going with a good ignition. When you spend the money, you get a good smooth running engine. Change the plugs if you change the wires.

:HB

So the MSD 8.5MM wires would be that much better then. The FMS ones are like $120, and I can't see spending that much more.

Sifrino3 said:
Ebay.com

I got my FMS and Split Fires for under $60!

Ya, DOHC engine plug wires are alot harder to come by on ebay. I been putting up with a HELL of a miss for 2 weeks b/c I been holding out on ebay for some wires!

That was for blue. This is for black!

Item number: 2480011330

4.6L ~ Item number: 2479809686, Item number: 2480662373
^Are these it^

Last edited:
Try contacting one of the sales man. They might have them on there own web site and not have them listed. That would be best bet. Unless you want to pay full market value and not have to deal with trying to look for something that might not be there.

Whats the diff, dohc and sohc?

DOHC has a super long piece that sticks down into the head to reach the plugs. (PIC1)
SOHC is not quite as long (pic2)

Anyway, I looked and the Accel wires have 550ohms resistance per foot, whereas the MSDs have 50ohms per foot. MSD it is.

21_1.jpg

a6_1.jpg

Last edited:
The best bang for the buck wires are the MSD Superconductors part # 32219 $85.00-$95.00 depending on where you go or you can get Nology's with a lifetime warranty and a 100,000 watt spark for $299.00 shipped with free wire seperators and get a bigger spark then MSD's with a DIS-4.

Members online

Back