AC Service Port on 2000 Lincoln LS V6

osas19

LVC Member
Reaction score
I tried using the search but couldn't find any info perhaps someone can help me. I have a 2000 Lincoln LS V6, I can't find the AC low service port, heard it was behind a plastic flap behind the driver's side front tire. I took plastic covers off but didn't see no port. Any help would be appreciated.

It's there on the drivers side, control arm, up a little.

[video=youtube;Rx8UEJznx4E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx8UEJznx4E[/video]

have you had a chance to download your OM and read it through, it's covered in there ... plus many other things you may want to know.

on the top menu bar it reads "Tech Articles" ... click that and your OM (Owners Manual) is listed there.

BTW: Welcome to LVC, nice to meet you too!

lincoln ac port.jpg, weird I still can't find the ac low service port

lincoln ac port.jpg

Where are you at in that picture?
Get under the car and look up. Find the AC compressor. If the V6 is like the V8, there is a small cover to remove on the driver's side. The cover faces down, it's not in the wheel well.
On the side of the compressor is the connection for the AC lines. The suction port is on the line manifold, pointed to the left side of the car.

I have looked maybe I am having a dumb moment but I looked at that video and browsed the internet mine is not where it should be.

driver side wheel well, you said under the car, still on the drivers side? I appreciate your response too, just bought the car and trying to get it right.

I am new to this have no idea< a friend comes to help me out, but its a 2000 LS V6

Two lines attach to the compressor through a single (dual) connection on the outer side of the compressor. The larger of the two lines is the suction line. The fill port is on that line. Assuming that it is like the V8, it will be pretty close to the compressor. It will have a plastic dust cap over it.

ok Jacked it up a bit and crawled under took some pictures hopefully this is the right one.IMG-20130612-00231.jpgIMG-20130612-00232.jpgIMG-20130612-00233.jpgIMG-20130612-00234.jpgIMG-20130612-00235.jpgIMG-20130612-00236.jpgIMG-20130612-00237.jpgIMG-20130612-00238.jpg

IMG-20130612-00231.jpg

IMG-20130612-00232.jpg

IMG-20130612-00233.jpg

IMG-20130612-00234.jpg

IMG-20130612-00235.jpg

IMG-20130612-00236.jpg

IMG-20130612-00237.jpg

IMG-20130612-00238.jpg

ok Jacked it up a bit and crawled under took some pictures hopefully this is the right one.

Last pic you can see it best, with the black cap over it. Btw, looks like your leaking something - oil perhaps?

yes the guy at the shop told me I have a possible bad valve cover gasket or bad oil pan gasket. Also I tried unscrewing the cap and some greenish liquid and air came out is that normal(I never unscrewed it all the way stopped when I saw the fluid).

yes the guy at the shop told me I have a possible bad valve cover gasket or bad oil pan gasket. Also I tried unscrewing the cap and some greenish liquid and air came out is that normal(I never unscrewed it all the way stopped when I saw the fluid).

Refrigerant will sometimes be green, so yes that is normal, however when removing the cap air and/or refrigerant should not just come out. It works like a tire valve and should only evacuate the system when pressing on the valve not just removing the cap.

Refrigerant is neither green nor liquid at atmospheric pressure. The green stuff is compressor oil. It's important that you don't run low on that. It sounds like that at the least your valve core on the fill port is leaking. Dealers replace the whole manifold for that, but you can replace just the core (it's only a few dollars).

ok thanks so much, I bought the arctic freeze ultra synthetic with the quick connect, trigger and gauge, I will let you guys know how this turns out. To all who have helped so far a big thank you. hopefully this will also help someone else.

what do you mean by the "core" sorry I am a novice.

It's a valve just like a tire valve. Ever change a bicycle inner tube? The valve is essentially the same thing. And no, I wouldn't use a valve from a bicycle.

Ah that makes sense. I assume it is included in some recharge kits? I've always noticed a green tint and liquid when recharging the system.

Yes, many have that, and some add green dye as well.

Members online

Back