AC Recharge

99Continental

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello. My 1999 Lincoln Continental needs an A/C recharge, and though I am familiar with the procedure, I cannot find the low side service port under the hood.

I have seen similar inquiries by people with similar cars, who are told that it is located on the passenger side near the firewall, but I can't find it there, unless it's so deep into the engine that I am unable to see it looking down from the top.

Can anyone help me out? Perhaps provide a picture for reference?

G-Vegas: I also own a 1999 LC. There's no difference between the 1999/2000LC....here is your answer:

Instructions
Things You'll Need
Automotive recharge kit type R-134a

Lift the hood to expose the engine bay. With the engine off, find the air conditioning compressor, which is mounted to the front of the engine on the far left side.

Follow the hose exiting up from the compressor. Find where the hose connects to a slender metal tube, then look for a service port jutting out of that tube. The port will be about the size of a nickel.

Connect the end of your recharge kit's fill hose to the service port. The quick connect fitting allows it to just snap into place without being tightened down.

Start the motor and make sure the transmission is in park. Turn on the air conditioner and return to the engine bay. The pressure gauge will now indicate the current level of refrigerant in the lines. The gauge is color-coded, allowing you to easily judge where the pressure level should be. If the gauge shows the pressure as being below the green-colored area, then the Lincoln will benefit from a recharge.

Pull the trigger located on top of the recharge kit's refrigerant canister to begin pressurizing the system. Allow the needle on the gauge to rise until it hits the green zone, then let go of the trigger. The system is now recharged.

Disconnect the fitting from the service port, close the hood, and turn off the engine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back