AC problems!

Trill bonez

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 LS and my AC only blows cold when the RPM’s are above 2,500. And the fan never kicks on high when I turn the AC on the fan just stays at normal speed.

Classic symptom of a bad scroll control valve on the compressor. You can take your chances replacing just the valve, or replace the whole compressor.

The compressor is not building pressure at idle, so the fan won't kick up to higher speed. It's not the fan.

(I tried a cheap Chinese compressor on my 04. It failed in exactly this way. I had to go back a stock compressor.)

Thanks I will try it as soon as I get a chance to change it! Will post again when it’s changed.

Classic symptom of a bad scroll control valve on the compressor. You can take your chances replacing just the valve, or replace the whole compressor.

The compressor is not building pressure at idle, so the fan won't kick up to higher speed. It's not the fan.

(I tried a cheap Chinese compressor on my 04. It failed in exactly this way. I had to go back a stock compressor.)

I finally stopped being lazy and replaced the scroll control valve in the compressor and the ac works perfectly now. Got the part on amazon for 12$! Thanks for the information you gave me on my situation!

Members online

No members online now.
Back