AC problem on 1992 Lincoln Continental

P

poschultz

AC blowing hot air. AC level is fine per my mechanic. He says no power is getting to the AC compressor. He said it needs electrical troubleshooting.

Is the problem in the computer? If it is a fuse or circuit breaker, where is it on the vehicle. Is the problem in the AC/heater control panel on the dashboard? If so, can someone tell me how I can take apart the dash and diagose the problem before I take it to a diagnostic shop and have to pay big bucks to have them disassemble the dashboard?

Thanks for helping a new owner of a Lincon Continental - most luxurious car I have ever owned -- even if it was built in 1992 :L

Relay Module

Check the relay module , black box bolted to the core support above the radiator . It controls the radiator fan and a/c clutch . If the fan does not come on when the a/c is activated , the a/c clutch wouldn't kick on . These relay modules ate notorious for going bad .

Took car to electrical diagnostic shop. The problem was the temperature control panel in the dashboard. Cost me $520 for the new unit and about $200 in labor! Not so sure I "love my Lincoln" anymore.

Members online

Back