AC fuse or relay

1lincoln

LVC Member
Reaction score
My AC clutch on my 2002 Lincoln LS does not engage. I just recently bought the car and it had been parked for about a year. I checked the R-134A level and that was fine. So now I'm looking for a fuse or relay. Can someone direct me to the location of the fuse or relay that controls the AC? Or does someone know what else might be wrong? By checking the refrigerant level I mean I bought a can of R134A at Walmart with a gauge on it and hooked that up to the system and the gauge read fine, so I added very little.

Tech Articles

I just found the owners manual pdf in the Tech Articles location. I didn't have an owners manual. So now I know where all the fuses and relays are, I just need to figure out if any of them are bad. Please let me know if anyone has any more info on what else I might look for.
This is a great website. Thanks to all.

The AC clutch coil is more than likely your problem. I had the same problem with 00 LS V6. It will be a lot cheaper to simply replace the entire compressor assy becasue the time it would take to disassemble, rebuild and install the old ac clutch would cost you more in time than removal and replacement.

I checked the fuse box under the hood. Fuse #1-10amp looked fine, Relay #8 I switched with #9 since they were the same. Started up the car, turned on the ac and still no clutch engagement. So I guess Now I have to look at replacing the clutch or the entire compressor. If I could just replace the clutch without opening the system that would probably be better. Of course maybe the compressor is bad, then I would need to replace that and probably some other components. If I knew how to test the clutch that would be great. Otherwise maybe I'll just take it to the shop.

Members online

No members online now.
Back