ac filter replacement

LikeNew02

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got the warning to replace my ac filter soon.

How much do they cost?

Are they difficult to replace?

How long do they last?

Alex

oops

I should have searched first.

But what is the cost, and is it worth changing?

If you like dirty air in your cabin then you shouldn't change it, of course it is worth changing. They should be just under $20.

I'm cheap so I just took mine out and blew it clean with compressed air.

I think since the filter check system just appears to be a simple mileage counter alarm, the filters may or may not be truly dirty when the alarm goes off. Mine was fairly clean except for seeds and a few bugs. It's not like an engine air filter that may be exposed to oil etc which causes the dirt to stick. The dirt on the AC filter is easy to blow off.

Just a thought from a cheapskate.

Jim Henderson

Being the Cliff Huxtable of car repair, I paid $100 at the LM dealership to have it done. They did a fine job.

you paid 100 bucks to have them install a ac filter? :slam :Bang :Bang

Yeah. It's not like when I had my '95 Impala SS. I could find guys at the car club that knew their way around the that car and could show me how to do the little things. I'm a victim of having been born with 10 thumbs and not knowing anyone else with an LS. :wrench

well now you have LVC so dont go pay 100 to replace an airfilter ask here and someone will help you out..

MykeRyte said:
Being the Cliff Huxtable of car repair, I paid $100 at the LM dealership to have it done. They did a fine job.

Holy mackerel, wow.

This job takes maybe all of 5 minutes and and can be done with a flat screw driver to lift the cowl fasterners. It is possibly the easiest maintenance job after replacing a fuse.

Glad I am cheap and do things myself.

Jim Henderson

Members online

No members online now.
Back