AC Different by Model?

Paul Ryan

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a situation - two Lincolns but the AC operates differently. My trusty (till recently) 95 Continental AC blows so cold that even on the hottest day, you need to turn it down. Literally like ice, and it comes on full blast maybe 20 seconds after starting up, and will actually sting your hands and knees at full blast. I had a new compressor put in 3 years ago, and the AC has been awesome. But I will be selling that car since it has other (non AC) issues. Anyway I recently purchased a Town Car (98), a true beauty. Much better shape than my Conti except that the AC though cold, seems wimpy in comparison to the Conti. On the highway its ok, but when you slow down, it seems to not be as cold, even at max AC. Additionally it doesnt seem to "reach" the entire cabin like the other car does. Its cool, and ice cold at the blowers, but its just not hitting the drivers seat with any real force. I put that last thing down to the fact that the cabin is larger and the driver is further away. Can live with that but not sure why it blows a little colder at higher speeds than slower. I have been thinking maybe the Conti has larger generator or fan or something, but not sure.

Am I being unfair comparing the TC air to the Conti? Or is there maybe a mechanical reason for it. It checked out ok with the local mechanic who said that the AC system is fine.... and that I just need to rearrange how I think of AC with the new car. Any thoughts?

Thanks

P Ryan

Problem solved. There were 3 issues-needed coolant, there was a small blockage in the line somewhere and apparently a part was missing (?!) from the condenser. Anyway all done and blows as cold as I need now-same as the Continental...repair bill was $360.

P Ryan

Members online

No members online now.
Back