AC blowing warm air

myfirstls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Aloha guys. It's been a while. No news is good news so let's just leave it at that.

BUT!! Just today, my AC started to blow warm air through vents. Not hot, but warm. And once in a while, it blow not too cold but cooler air and go back to blowing warm air. The whole time it's blowing warm air, it does seems as it wants to blow cold air (for lack of the better word). I haven't try it on freeway yet as it just happened today. I'll see what happen when I go back to work on Thursday. Early morning (at around 0530) so will see what happens.

Anyway, from reading the old post, it does point out to bad scroll control valve. But I just wanted to confirm this because I have a aftermarket compressor ( I still have my original OEM bad compressor but not too sure about it's condition. It sitting under the house for few years now) so from what I understand, I need to purchase the whole compressor (Guess it's just better that way?) along with discharge and charging the R-134. I just need to have the system evacuated as I do have other stuff (vacuum pump, manifolds with gauges etc etc..............) but still, bring up the cost of repair.

So before I sink in all these money, just want to confirm. it is 2004 LS V-8. Everything I replaced is either OEM or Motorcraft, including DCCV and degas. All cooling parts has been replaced with OEM stuff few years back. Only thing in engine compartment not OEM IS the compressor. It's biting me back hard right now....................

...Anyway, from reading the old post, it does point out to bad scroll control valve. ...
Does it?
Failure to cool in any condition is often caused by low refrigerant, and low refrigerant is caused by a leak.
The typical symptom for a bad scroll control valve is no cooling at idle, but reasonable cooling at 2K RPMs and up.

Thanks for your reply Joe.

Although I haven't hook up my manifold to check the pressure, compressor does not cycle so I'm assuming gas are OK (today and tomorrow is my day-off, so getting prep to put on the manifold to get the reading). I rarely had the car up to 2K or so due to traffic I was in. It does seems like it wants to cool every time I brought up the rpm though. As I mentioned, I was on a highway traffic and never got to drive on a freeway, so couldn't tell if higher speed/rpm will have it cool. By the time I get on freeway, it will be on Thursday so by then, I will know if the pressure is low or not.

Between all the stuff happening to me, I hope I can hook up the gauge today, or even tomorrow.

Members online

Back