AC acting up

Buddy A

LVC Member
Reaction score
2006 LS
Ok I'm loosing my mind here lol ....
fix the DCCV again but at the same time my ac been shutting off ? Not cycling just goes dead.. when working what little time there is the gauges are reading 70 low / 150 high ..
When running Ac compressor runs quite no rattling sound, Self diagnose thru the head unit shows no codes to speak of .. ran test on relay system all way down to compressor all shows good , ohms show good AC still does not work I even unplugged evap sensor under the dash that did not work had a spare low cycle switch for grins and giggles installed nope nothing .. I been turning wrenches for 32 yrs usually with ac issues it be worn out compressor metal shavings orfice filter plugged - bad o-rings - damaged condenser - broke or bad wiring etc so far I'm stumped?
Have a feeling it might be the head unit itself but it shows no diagnostic issues ?
When ac is working its ice cold ! 32-33F out of the dash

Photo two weeks ago before issues really started acting up

IMG_2820.PNG

70 on the low side is way too high. There's no way you'd be getting 31 degrees out if the low side was 70.
That's not a cycling switch. It's a high side pressure sensor. It tells the radiator fan how fast to run. It will stop the compressor from engaging if the pressure is too low, but it will only stop a running compressor if the pressure is too high.
The LS does not use a fixed orifice. It is not a cycling clutch system. It uses a thermal expansion valve, and the compressor is a variable displacement design.
A clog would probably not give those readings. A bad scroll control valve might.
Need to know the outdoor temperature when you took the high side pressure reading to know if it was low or not. Also, you need to have the blower on high and all windows open and engine at idle to make pressure measurements.
Are you sure it was the evap sensor that you unplugged? Pull the sensor and check it's resistance at room temperature.

Very true on this ac system
That's what threw me off was the readings ?
For me the low should be around 25-30 high side 150-200 what reading should I be looking for on this system when I gauge it today the temp was around 116F heat index 120F yeah that freaking hot here in Okla last two days
I meant high side why I said low I have no clue lol ..
ac was on max blower on high setting all windows open
Expansion valve lol guess I'm old school I still call it the H block . Ussally when I see those go out the low side is in the negative reading ..
gonna go in tomorrow morning to the shop and do another reading with different gauges while it's cooler possibly do a evac and long vacuum and recharge see how that goes ?

Members online

Back