Abs randomly is being activated 93 mark

tolincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My abs is randomly activated on my 1993 mark at low speeds at the end of braking the pedal starts going crazy. Is this the abs pump that is causing this? What other year abs pumps for Mark viii , t bird , cougars work in the 1993 mark?

dirty wheel speed sensor.
the fronts are behind the brake rotor.
the rears are up by the differential.

the ABS pump only does what its told to do.

it could be the ABS module, but i doubt it, and cleaning the sensors is a whole lot cheaper.

Sensors as stated before but here is a question same concept as traction control kicks in. Do you have noticeable tire size difference like shorter in rear than front or vice versa? If the sensors read one tire slowing down faster than the other it activates abs function.

If the sensors read one tire slowing down faster than the other it activates abs function.

the computer is not programmed that way.

its logic is to examine the rotational speed of each wheel individually.
if the computer sees one wheel slowing down faster than the rate the computer is set, (the rate at which the engineers thought was the fastest the car could decelerate under normal conditions,) ABS is activated at that wheel.

i have run differently sized tires front and rear and it made no observable difference in ABS function.

Members online

No members online now.
Back