Abs module....need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

ridin_ls_

LVC Member
Reaction score
upon buying my 02 LS we started off on the wrong foot with numerous electrical problems which i finally have under control. im trying to save money by replacing the abs module myself instead of sending the car back and fourth to the electrician. if anyone could help me with any info you have on abs module replacement in this car please help me out . thanks so much lvc

If you have advanceTrac, you need a module from another LS with AdvanceTrac. If not, then you need to make sure the replacement is from an LS without as well. Try to stay with one from the same year and with the same engine.

All the literature I've read so far says that it needs to be flashed? Any truth to that ...the car finally is running fine and I feel lights on the dashboard show neglect and I pamper this car, electrician suggested just driving it like that until my car is up for inspection my take is fix it.

All the literature I've read so far says that it needs to be flashed? Any truth to that ...the car finally is running fine and I feel lights on the dashboard show neglect and I pamper this car, electrician suggested just driving it like that until my car is up for inspection my take is fix it.

If you pull the replacement module from an LS configured just like yours, then it shouldn't have to be "flashed." (In this case, it is really configured, not flashed.)

So its just plug and play? And do u mind if I have any questions can I private message you. You've been a big help on quite a few elements of the LS.

I had mine replaced it is a 2000 ls v8 with advancetrac. I had to have the computer flashed by the dealer. They just replaced the module.

I had mine replaced it is a 2000 ls v8 with advancetrac. I had to have the computer flashed by the dealer. They just replaced the module.

If you replace with a replacement module, then it has to be configured ("flashed") as the same module is used for any configuration. If the module comes from an LS of the same configuration as yours, then it can be used without being reconfigured.

If ridin_ls_ does have AdvanceTrac, it would be a good idea to get it recalibrated once he is done.

Members online

No members online now.
Back