ABS messed up - input

purpony

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
The ABS on my mark just started acting up!!!... kit the brakes and they start making noise and then the ABS light comes on.....

I checked the sensors and the fuses.... what to look at next??

any input??

Does ABS come on without using brakes at around 35 mph? Going slow does it come on when you turn to the left and or the right? Brakes making noise could be creating heat.

thanks for the replies, i was thinking speed sensors, checked to make sure there was nothing on them... ill test them and see. This all started after i hub swapped the front to mustang hubs and put 3.73s in. Also running slightly different sized tires.

A while ago there was a member that swapped hubs and the sprockets weren't pressed on far enough to read the sensor

Yea check the wheel sensor alignment, 98s seem to be very particular about it

Doesn't work

2012-04-28_20-06-53_558.jpg

Works

2012-04-28_20-12-28_295.jpg

I had that problem, I resolved it by taking a metal dowel and a hammer and tapping the ring closer to the center of the sensor as I rotated the hub

i did notice that the rings are not centered perfect on the sensors....... this are just pressed in place and can be moved? Ill pull a wheel off and have a look when i get home.

thanks

thanks guys!!!! ABS is fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pulled the front wheels off tonight and took a closer look. The rings were only half in line with the sensors so i pulled the brakes and put a small pry bar between the ring and the flange..... moved them in so the rings are now in line with the sensors. Took it for a spin and no more noise or abs light!

Members online

Back