Abs Light

91lsc5spd

LVC Member
Reaction score
So a deer jumps out in front of me i slam on the brakes and the tires lock up. so i go home and check the abs light and the bulb is bad, replace that and now the light stays on. so i run the abs codes and i get 21,32,41 can someone tell me what these mean and how to maybe fix my car. Thanks

So a deer jumps out in front of me i slam on the brakes and the tires lock up. so i go home and check the abs light and the bulb is bad, replace that and now the light stays on. so i run the abs codes and i get 21,32,41 can someone tell me what these mean and how to maybe fix my car. Thanks

Clear the codes and test again.

I'm not near a manual else I'd give you the codes.

Last edited:
12-32-35 1989 Manual

Service Code (component)

#21 is Main Valve

#32 is RH Front Sensor

#41 is LH Front Sensor

Can you tell me what the main valve is and how to fix it. I know how to fix the wheel sensors.

Can you tell me what the main valve is and how to fix it. I know how to fix the wheel sensors.

The main valve is inside the master brake cylinder's front end.. It's electrical connection is at the very front-most end of the whole assembly which is mounted to the firewall in front of the driver..

After the code-#21 shows up, the manual gives one electrical test and, if that fails, the cure is replacement of "the actuation assembly".
The entire "actuation assembly" includes the whole thing.. reservoir, ABS valve block, master cylinder, hydraulic pump, acumulator, etc.. but, imo, most if not all of the parts attached to the master cylinder could likely be reused if gaskets can be made or found .. i really don't know because I never went that deep into it. There might be something(s) that cannot be transfered over.

-------------------------------------------
12-32-30 (88LSC manual)
Main Valve Diagnosis

Test Step BB1

Service Code 21 Check: Check Main Valve
--
Disconnect main valve 2-pin plug
Measure resistance between pins 1 and 2 (There are only two pins)

2 to 5.5 ohms-- OK ----> Replace or service cable harness (replace/fix the wires.. insulation might be worn or there's a broken or grounded wire , etc.

Any Other Reading-- NOT OK -----> Replace Actuation Assembly

I would do a complete system flush before doing anything. It takes about 4 quarts of fluid to do it properly. I have corrected a number of issues on my Marks by just getting the 15 year old fluid outta there!

Art

Members online

Back