ABS issue when braking, dealer charging $3000+

have you been out on a public road lately? there seems to be only three types of people out there...

the vast minority are good drivers
the vast majority is terrible drivers
then there is the group of people who just drive dangerously all the time...

so since most of the time I cant tell who is which one most of the time, I prefer most cars to have these babysitters in and working.

they probably don't need to be used on a regular basis, but chances are sooner or later there might be that one time when you actually could really use them, and well with them not working...

I would way rather have them working perfectly and never need them vs needing them once for the first time in your life and them not being there...

another way of looking at it, is the LS is now old enough and can be found for cheap enough that they are can commonly be owned by high school students or even as first cars. and well just about anybody can solve for X when the equation is a fairly fast(er) car + zero experience = X

sure you have had decades of experience, not everybody else has...

From your post it seem's you agree with me more than disagree !! :)
sounds like YOU'r the one in traffic with common sense.
now just back off a tad and you wont need the ABS :)

public roads ?? you should try driving in BOSTON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

public roads ?? you should try driving in BOSTON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boston definitely sucked, although I think I hated Manhattan more. Between dodging people and pot holes i'm surprised I never got pulled over for drunk driving. All I can say is I'm glad I don't live there.

Cities I also regretted driving in:
Newark
Chicago
Detroit
Miami (and it's Beach)
Atlanta
Washington DC tri-state area

From your post it seem's you agree with me more than disagree !! :)

i definitely agree that there are a lot of dangerous drivers out there, thats exactly why i want everybody's Advancetrac to be working! lol

now just back off a tad and you wont need the ABS :)

nah, too much fun! but its not so much the ABS that I care about, the way the Advancetrac works is what I love about it (however having ABS is quite important to having AT)

I liked the old Loud1 better, this new version is much too understanding and way too polite,
Fn boring if you ask me! I want the old Loud1 back! SNAP, wake up!

Having never owned a car with advance trac or traction control I shouldn't comment but I never felt either was necessary in the LS. The long wheelbase and near 50/50 weight distribution allow slides to develop slowly and be very easy to correct. The lack of traction control is just a slight problem and snow tires correct most of that. Having driven limited slip cars over the same snow covered roads limited slip is a mixed blessing. You get better forward motion by giving up some directional stability.

The LS has been taking me over the snow covered Appalachian gap (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_Gap) at least 10 trips every winter (it is always snowing at the top) for the last 13 years. The east bound trip is usually done at midnight. I never felt like I needed traction control or advance trac.

2000 LS V6 5MT 180,000.

Members online

Back