About To Purchase ‘03-‘06 LS

Lincoln LS

1. NCrow090

NCrow090 New LVC Member

Hey all. Firstly, thanks for the acceptance into the forum. I’m a few days away from selecting a Lincoln LS ‘03-‘06, v8. I’m not the smartest when it comes to these radically-moduled cars. Anything Mustang, I’m your guy. However, I could use some education on these cars.

I’m looking for some basic info on what to look out for on these cars. I have read that coil packs can fault out at any time, that they had transmission problems in ‘03, but where improved for ‘04-‘06. Also, the likelihood of some idiot using low octane fuel and damaging the internals is high from what I hear. Will a compression test give me solace in that concern? Will CARFAX provide me with maintenance history?

Also looking for a rundown on the different trim packages these cars had in that generation. I find myself loving the LSE and Sport editions, as the chrome accents are subdued, yet enhanced where they are retained.

Thanks so much for your time and expertise. I just want to make sure that I’m selecting the right daily driver for me. I don’t plan on modding the car with the exception of exhaust and possible tune. I have other toys for that kind of fun. Thanks again!