about to buy a 67 galaxie

Hernandez

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i think im gonna get a 67 ford galaxie sedan 4 doors, v8 352cc (5.8 L) working fine
its only 1250 bucks already legalized in mexico.

do you think is a good project?
give me your opinion please

DSC05640.jpg

DSC05641.jpg

DSC05642.jpg

Looks like it needs a lot of TLC to be a showstopper. We used to cruise around in one of those as kids. We called it the space pickle (ugly pickle green exterior, and smoked a LOT of green while cruising around lol).

well if you do go and buy it you could always just put your LS into the trunk to get it home

make it a rat rod. should have talked to me earlier this year we emptied our barn we had all kinds of Ranchero/Galaxie chrome parts

any green leftover? :D

One of my buddies makes really dank cookies every time we go to a festival. He always ends up throwing a few my way, even though I don't partake anymore. I just give em away. Although I probably have some deep in the freezer somewhere.

Not a bad price. 352 is the smallest of the FE engines but good for cruising. Some bolt-on performance parts available (although they are a bit pricey).

Be sure to check for frame for rust. Biggest problem area is just in front of the rear wheels. Also pull up the carpet if possible and check the floor boards. Looks like some possible rust on the rocker panels and rear quarter. I'd inspect those areas closely.

Looks like it needs a lot of TLC to be a showstopper. We used to cruise around in one of those as kids. We called it the space pickle (ugly pickle green exterior, and smoked a LOT of green while cruising around lol).

Spoken like a true Canadian lol

but is the engine fast? i know is not a muscle car but could it be at the same level in speed, hp, etc as one?

yeah thats my ls with the little mirrors they are really useful for blind spots

He is from Minnesota. Close enough.
I think he could throw a rock and hit Canada form his back yard. :D
but is the engine fast? i know is not a muscle car but could it be at the same level in speed, hp, etc as one?
No..... if its a 352,I doubt its a 352
I think in 67 most 352s were used in trucks.

The engine choices for that car in the U.S. were 240 Six Cylinder, 289 V-8, the 390 FE V-8 @ 270 horsepower, 390 FE @ 315 horsepower, 428 V-8, and two versions of the 427 V-8.
If your in luck and it has a 428 yes its a nice motor.
If you have sunshine coming out your ass and you have a 427.....pull the motor and sell it....its ford gold.

@FORDNUT: engine is a FE 352 for sure.
if it aint fast im not gonna buy it

@FORDNUT: engine is a FE 352 for sure.
if it aint fast im not gonna buy it

Its possible I guess, I have never see it but I'm a up north city boy.

How do you know its a 352??

Nearly all "FE" blocks have a "352" in
the casting at the front of the block.

Fast is relative...drive it, if you think its fast, then its fast.
Speed parts for a FE are rare and expensive.

FE stands for fu@kin extinct.

i know for sure is a 352 because the guy told me, and after a little research i actually found out is a 1966, but im 100% positive with the 352, there are even forums about that galaxie engine.

Fast is relative...drive it, if you think its fast, then its fast.
Speed parts for a FE are rare and expensive.
mmmm not that relative, could i beat a mustang v8? a honda? the lincoln ls? camaro? eclipse?
my desire is to beat a mustang svt cobra

i know for sure is a 352 because the guy told me, and after a little research i actually found out is a 1966, but im 100% positive with the 352, there are even forums about that galaxie engine.
Looking closer at the doors...your right its a 66, it could in fact be a 352 FE they came in 65-66 cars

mmmm not that relative, could i beat a mustang v8?depents what year a honda?depends which honda the lincoln ls?v8 ls? no camaro?depends which camaro eclipse? again it depends which one
my desire is to beat a mustang svt cobra[FONT="Arial Black" ] it will never beat a cobra[/FONT]
If it was a 390 you would have a chance after spending money.
Those car are tanks.....up to 4,000 lbs
What year Cobra are we talking about....let me guess its a 2003-2004 good luck! :)

jajajajajajaja then is a lot of "depending" i want a car that doesnt depend of the other certain model to win, i want a v8 beater! the cobra is a 5.0 svt cobra with msd and borla exhaust.

if i buy the galaxie i plan to change basic things like carburetor, intake manifold, headers and straight pipe. would that make it LOUD and POWERFUL?

That's a '66. I had a '67.
My dad had a '66 2 door post, with a 390, 3spd stick, and disc brakes. That car was fast.

jajajajajajaja then is a lot of "depending" i want a car that doesnt depend of the other certain model to win, i want a v8 beater! the cobra is a 5.0 svt cobra with msd and borla exhaust.

if i buy the galaxie i plan to change basic things like carburetor, intake manifold, headers and straight pipe. would that make it LOUD and POWERFUL?

loud yes.....powerful...no.
Not by my estimate.
It was slow when it was made.
Don't get me wrong, they are neat cars.

But that old FE stuff is just out dated.
I thought they were slow with a 390.
It will sit and burn rubber all day....but not go anywhere.

Jesus I don't know were you would even find a decent set of headers.
They wont help much anyway.
A carburetor/intake wont help much without a cam.
The car is sitting at 250 hp@ almost 4,000 pounds, do the math.
You would be lucky to squeeze out another 25 hp.

If you like the car go for it, without major upgrades it will never be fast.

If I wanted to make it sleep, I would get a set of 390 front springs, hunt up a 385 series motor with a c6 and swap it.
Then you would have a street stomper.

Members online

Back