About that time again (coils and plugs)

MysticMac

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well looks like my cowl was warped a bit and leaked water into my plug wells but I noticed there was some oil in the wells as well. New felpro kit when I changed my coils 1.5 years ago so I am assuming the broken bolt i replaced with a home depot bolt is the culprit(hoping) and I didnt use RVT black gasket maker.

Info I need : Part number for the gen 2 3.0 vavle cover bolts and the part number for the 3.0 PCV valve.

Thanks in advance!

One of mine is a standard Home depot bolt, but I do have a V8. Does tthe V6 have the same flanged spacers? Torqued to spec in sequence? I assume the only spot for RTV is the two tabs where the heads meet the timing cover. That wouldn't reach your plugs if there was a leak there

How would water get into a plug well unless you are talking about the rectangular coil / plug area cover being warped. Cowl cover is at the base of the windscreen and over the wiper motor area.

How would water get into a plug well unless you are talking about the rectangular coil / plug area cover being warped. Cowl cover is at the base of the windscreen and over the wiper motor area.

On the V8, water follows the wires in, at the back of the coil covers. The V6 does not have any coil covers.

...Info I need : Part number for the gen 2 3.0 vavle cover bolts and the part number for the 3.0 PCV valve.

Thanks in advance!

I think the PCV is 2X4Z-6A666-AA.
Is the bolt and hex head, or a stud?

joegr, you mean from rain draining through the wiper cowl? Car-is-miss.... how do I stop that? Sounds like just washing the car could lead to issues?

joegr, you mean from rain draining through the wiper cowl? Car-is-miss.... how do I stop that? Sounds like just washing the car could lead to issues?

Yes. Ford has a replacement seal kit for the passenger side wiper shaft. It's all of $5 or so.

Members online

Back