A quick and easy temporary fix for noisy bushings

Jayce 1971

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've never seen it posted, so I thought I'd share. A little spray silicone lubricant applied onto the bushings can TEMPORARILY relieve squeaks associated with worn bushings. It doesn't last forever, but may hold you over untill you can install new bushings. For the money, the energy suspension poly bushings are probably the best bet. It may keep your car quiet untill you get to the shop.

hey sounds like a good way to see if thats what is really making the noise when your driving. good job jayce 1971

can you describe the noise? i'm not sure i have the noise but seeing as this is a common thing I might look into seeing the actual part to see if it is worn. i do get a noise when going over speed bumps when my car is cold but i'm not sure that is associated with that

I know one trick to tighten up sloppy bushings is to drive nails into the bushing to stiffen up the rubber. I'd think wood or drywall screws would work. Maybe this could be used to tighten up sloppy bushings.

I know one trick to tighten up sloppy bushings is to drive nails into the bushing to stiffen up the rubber. I'd think wood or drywall screws would work. Maybe this could be used to tighten up sloppy bushings.

I can def see that working but ONLY would do that in the time where youv'e pretty much already ordered new ones. Otherwise the stress on the bushing from the extra inserted nail would easily tear it apart in just weeks and in turn may need to replace the whole arm no?

Members online

No members online now.
Back