A Question About Rims.....

TDUB

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I want these rims but I don't want to run into fitment issues like I did with the 20"s. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...viewitem=&item=110283885231&_trksid=p3907.m32
Also how badly would these rims slow down my car or does it just depend on weight? These ones are 19" but they also make 18" as well. I would have rolled fenders but what kind of tire would I need to get to have the best chance of not rubbing and is the offset on these rims high enough not to rub?

19 inch and 38mm offset? I believe that also means you are going to have to go with a 35series tire. All of the above is a combo for a fairly harsh ride along with high probability of rubbing..compared to (as an example) a 18 inch wheel with 42-45mm offset and 40-45 series tires.

Its not the diameter you need to worry about so much its the width. A 8.5" wide wheel with a 38mm offset spells rubbing! You need about a 46mm offset on a 8.5" wheel to be safe.

Or you can buy 7.5" 40mm offset. My is 20" - 7.5" 40mm offset, with 225/35/20 tires and it fited perfectly on my 2001 LS.

No. It's the same. Technically it's about 0.025"/0.7mm lower. Which don't see any differences. I am in process of droping down 1" hopping no problem my width is 7.5".

Sorry......
But IMO 7.5" is a skinny wheel.

Most people usually go with wider wheels when you purchase aftermarket.

Members online

No members online now.
Back