"A" Pillar Pod

MN12 Performance

pod_pic1.jpg

Frogman said:
Hmm.

I had not realized the 2nd gen A Pillar is the same as the Thunderbird Pillars.

Thank you sir.

You may want to check that. I don't have a Gen2, and I do not have the A-pod(yet).

Frogman said:
I'm not home to check, but I will look at my SC on thursday to make sure. I didn't think they were similar... but, you never know.

mine suckers

gauges1.jpg

Nope. The MN12 performance pre-made pods won't directly fit the Gen-II. The Gen-II piece is longerer than the T-birds. You'll have to fab your own. Just buy one of those pods posted above, melt it together with the Gen-II pillar with a little fiberglass, and then paint it. That should give you a stock look...

Hmm.... I always thought they were a waste and looked ricey without actually using it for a SC boost gauge. The look is actually growing on me and might have to add it to the ride soon. I'll have to throw in a fuel pressure after the 255 walbro fp and afpr, so I might as well make it useful and add a bit of a different look.

Although, I have seen them on a few modded Z28's and Cobra's and they do look sharp...

I called a place that sold me the Three pod for my Supercoupe. They can make them for the Mark VIII, only catch is they need 30 orders minimum. MAXIMUM cost would be $60. Though, I would imagine a more realistic price would be in the high $40's per unit. IIRC, my 3 pod for my Supercoupe was 45..?

Here is the link to their website.

http://www.gaugepods.com

Who's interested in something like this?

I'd love to go with a 3 gauge full pillar deal.

Members online

No members online now.
Back