A (minor, for me) crash story

owlman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was waiting at a light to turn left onto a divided highway, when someone in the highway u-turn lane decides to cut across traffic to turn right onto the road I'm on. She gets nailed, spins around and slams into me and the car on my right also waiting to turn. Her suv is all banged up, the car that hit her ends up in a ditch, and the car on my right is completely smashed in. All three cars need to be towed and look totalled. I only have a scratched and scuffed bumper, scratched and misaligned hood, scratched fender, scratched grille, cracked license plate frame, and chipped headlight lens. VERY LUCKY :eek: Yes, my sunroof is OK ;)
So far her insurance is cooperative. We'll see.

I know you all want to see crash photos... it was too dark for my poor cell phone but here's the best I got.

I was to the left of the Impreza but I moved my car before taking the photo. I guess they way she was spinning he took the brunt of the impact, and/or maybe I was a little farther behind the stop line than him.
The Accord actually went over a 3-foot culvert wall to end up in the ditch. Everyone seemed ok but I'm guessing he and the at-fault woman will have some whiplash injuries.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE, FELLOW LS's :waving:

IMG_0546.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

Glad you're ok. I'd hate(love) to see how much her insurance goes up after all that carnige.

Thanks. Yeah, she's a college student on her parents' policy so she may be walking around town for the next few years!

I forgot two gems from that night:

1) Her reason for making the illegal lane change: "My GPS told me to turn right"

2) Someone else had stopped behind me, asked if we wanted her to stick around as a witness for the police, then proceeds to ask, "Oh my god, how did she [the suv] end up facing over there in that direction?" Great witness :rolleyes:

Glad you're OK!

Dash cam > witnesses. Pixels don't lie.

Glad you're OK!

Dash cam > witnesses. Pixels don't lie.

I've been thinking about that one myself. What kind do you have? Is it a dual camera that gets both front and rear views? Does it get the interior (driver) at all? Have you read anything about certain states (Illinois) arresting and harassing people for filming an officer in the course of his duty (even though there is no expectation of privacy)? That sort of think will never stick but no one likes to be arrested and have to defend one's self against BS laws and A-hole cops.

Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear. Atleast you got the least of the damage.

A dash cam doesn't sound too bad now

I've been thinking about that one myself. What kind do you have? Is it a dual camera that gets both front and rear views? Does it get the interior (driver) at all? Have you read anything about certain states (Illinois) arresting and harassing people for filming an officer in the course of his duty (even though there is no expectation of privacy)? That sort of think will never stick but no one likes to be arrested and have to defend one's self against BS laws and A-hole cops.

Just one looking out the windshield. I used to run a Flip Mino, but I sold it (not enough recording time). Tried Kodak Zi10 and Zx3, both sucked, so I went all out and got a GoPro Hero 960.

5858109904_1ddd39046d.jpg

5867661022_fe6f1c4b87.jpg

5867106401_575367cb23.jpg

It's wide angle (170 deg.), has almost 2.5h battery life and is nice, simple and compact.

Members online

Back