A little history.....

Dartastic

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
About myself that is then Im off to drink fake Jack Daniels and play on Pokerstars!! :tmi:

Im a 38 year male who has owned nothing but Fords.

1. 1983 in HIgh School I had a 74 Ford Elite. We called it "Big Red". Fun car for a teenager.

2. In 1984 I started working for Pacific Gas and Electric. Good pay for an 18 year. Bought my first Mustang GT then. Envy of the neighborhood.

3. 1988 fell in love with the Mustang GT Converts and bought a dark blue/grey with a blue top. Was very unigue then.

4. Best friend totaled the 88 so I bought an 89 (kept it for 13 years).

5. 1995 bought a 78 Bronco. Dropped a well built 460 into it and added 35 inch Super Swampers and a 4 inch lift.

6. 1996 bought the misses a 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII. Donated it last year.

7. 2001 Bought a nice 74 bronco as my daily driver.

8. 2002 bought the misses a 2001 Windstar. I never drive it.

9. And the icing on the cake is bought MYSELF 2004 Lincoln LS!! :L

Still have the Broncos, WIndstar and LS of course. Poker time!! :Beer

Wow a Windstar....why in the world would you want an LS :)

Dartastic said:
Hey my WIndstar can do 0-60 in 35 seconds! Dont Hate! Appreciate!! *owned*

:Beer
Well you got me there. I mean 35 seconds with 2 kids, a cocker spaniel, and $300 worth of grocerys is pretty respectable. One day soon I will own mine, and then I"ll trade it. :Bang

Dartastic said:
Hey my WIndstar can do 0-60 in 35 seconds! Dont Hate! Appreciate!! *owned*

My wife has had 2 Windbags er Windstars. Now that the kids are almost gone to college I have promised to get her a nice SUV as payback for having to drive what is arguably one of the worst cars on the road (windstar) in terms of reliability.

Thanks Isbit. I luv my 74 but for all intents and purposes its on the shelf at least until summer! Luv the LS that much!!:) Kelleyo we put 60k on the Windstar in a pretty short amount of time. What issues should I expect to come up? I know her AC stopped working and Midas screwed up a brake job. Thats been it so far.

My neighbors have a windstar and just hit 50K and they have been having tranny problems, big suprise, and some issues with the AC.

Thanks for the info. We had a tranny replaced in our Mark VIII 5 miles before the warranty was up!! The service rep thought it was so funny he let the damn near whole shop know! 49995 miles I pulled into the place. BTW is it just me or does anyone else think a 5 speed auto is a bit much? I feel like the car is shifting all the time. Could just be my driving style though. All my other autos were 3 speeds.

yeah, I think the 5spd auto is abit much. Thats pretty funny about the mileage. My wife just had her altima in for oil change and such and it was right on the verge of running off the warranty. The found a small leak in the AC we did not know about and fixed it for her. In 2 yars that is the worst thing that has happend to that car. I can barely make it a few months without some sort of problem. Usually always cost 500+. i vere knew dring a money put could be soo much fun...weeeeeeee!

Members online

No members online now.
Back