A lil help with overheating and other stuff

200kls

LVC Member
Reaction score
ok idk where to post this but im just gonna start a new threat ill list the issues in a list
1. intermitant overheat....only does it after i headed out to any destination it will go a lil past normal temps then come back down, and only once has it gone higher than that....yesterday went past 3/4 on the temp gauge then went down when i started driving again...the most confusing part is that no more than a hour ago no signs of overheat....no fans no "a lil over" nothing fans cut on when i got home no howling either
2. water keeps getting in my driver door and blowing the speaker that i've replaced before
3. new bearings (front wheel) go in traction control lights flashes
4. rear tie rods......... was told by a mechanic that they needed to be replaced????
5. no heat......jus stopped working 2 months ago

As a side note to the intermitant overheat about a year ago i had the upper and lower rad hoses replaced thermostat and housing replaced and a couple of years ago the coolant reservoir replaced as well.......and jus my luck the repairs are out of the warrenty period.......go figure huh?
i'm not keen on anything having to do with the cooling system but i've done various other repairs to the car that i could on my own.....
and yes i've read the other threads about overheating and all of them so far replace parts that i have already replaced im lost on the overheat issue and extremely frustrated with it any help would be greatly appreciated.......

oh and its a 2000 3.9l ls with 221000 on the clock

i'd start with a pressure test of the coolant system, and i'd make sure the air has been bled out of the system properly after the pressure test.

ok how to do this pressure test im looking to do anything i can before i give ford anymore of my money.......oh and what kind of coolant do these cars take i've never seen clear coolant before oh and its a 2000 ls 3.9

ok jus looked at another thread and saw he was having damn near the same issue...........mybad but any input would be appreciated on this......im used to the forums on ls1tech

ok so can any 1 tell me the kind of antifreeze that i can use and can i get it flushed jus about anywhere??????

Wow no help or input from ne one else........
Damn I kinda know this topic is heavily covered and I've read thru those threads with no similarities except for the overheat subject.......not even a recommendation on what kind of antifreeze to use ...........

Cell phone much?

Honestly your original wall of text is just too confusing to figure out. Try again with some punctuation and do as a list with your problems.

Per antifreeze, they make types that will mix with most others. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

Per you overheat, check the that the hydraulic fan is working correctly.

As stated hundreds of times - hell you'd even find your answers posted in the very first page of the forum. You need to replace all cooling components, including the degas (coolant reservoir) AND you need to make sure you follow the coolant bleed directions (can be found using SEARCH) to the letter. Your water leaking in has also been covered hundreds of times. If your mechanic says something needs to be replaced it probably needs to be replaced..

Wow no help or input from ne one else...

Okay, you can't bother to search and read the hundred other threads that cover this problem, but you are upset that we aren't all on here answering questions between midnight and 5 AM?

1. intermitant overheat....only does it after i headed out to any destination it will go a lil past normal temps then come back down, and only once has it gone higher than that....yesterday went past 3/4 on the temp gauge then went down when i started driving again...the most confusing part is that no more than a hour ago no signs of overheat....no fans no "a lil over" nothing fans cut on when i got home no howling either

Overheating while still, but okay while driving at speed is almost always an issue with the fan. Your fan system has a problem. It might just be the speed control solenoid, or it might be more serious. If it isn't howling before the temp needle goes past the half way mark, you have a fan system problem. It's as simple as that.

2. water keeps getting in my driver door and blowing the speaker that i've replaced before

This is normal. When it rains some water will get in the door due to the window. The factory speakers have a shield behind them to protect them from this water. You'll have to add something like that for your speakers, or use non-paper speakers that can get wet.

3. new bearings (front wheel) go in traction control lights flashes

You did it wrong.

4. rear tie rods......... was told by a mechanic that they needed to be replaced????

Common problem. Replace them.

5. no heat......jus stopped working 2 months ago

This is a symptom of a small leak in the cooling system that lets air in and blocks the heating loop. This could also be a part of your first problem. Need to replace all plastic cooling system parts not recently replaced, then correctly bleed by the book.

ok my b started to think this place was like ls1tech only trolls and a$$hole comments when i asked for help but this fourm is coast 2 coast right its not jus availble to the east coast right........but yeah found out its the coolant crossover tube that had small holes in it letting air in it and causing it to overheat..............idk about u guys but the only issue ive really had with this car is it eating front wheel bearings and tranny issues only had this issue once before and i shelled out 1200 to fix it in which it didnt fix fully jus patched it as i jus learned but thanx for the input anyways

Members online

No members online now.
Back