A different choice for a conical filter adapter

1993_M75

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
K&N makes an FIPK for the Mercury Marauder which uses an 80mm MAF (like the Mark VIII) and it comes with this snazzy filter adapter (left):

img_0690.gif

(Found this pic on supermotors. On the left is the 80mm Marauder MAF on this adapter)

Adapter is K&N P/N: 08785
Gasket is K&N P/N: 09984

I have a spare RF-1041 K&N filter (which is the filter that fits the adapter) from the FIPK I put on my '99 Grand Marquis (replaced the K&N cone filter with Amsoil EaAU6075)

RF-1041.jpg

I also ordered the adapter from BlueOvalChips to be able to attach the MAF directly to the intake zip tube.

If the filter is too long, Amsoil has an EaAU6065 that is 1" shorter.

I searched, and I didn't find where anybody else has tried this setup. Hopefully all this will work. If not, I'll have parts to install an 80mm MAF on my Grand Marquis.

Parts should be here in a week or so.

I cannot see very well on my phone but what you are describing sounds like my set up. The BOc adapter is just a rubber no hub thqat can be bought at any plumbing supplier

I've gotten all the parts in and after looking over the BOC adapter, I found a part number on the outer rubber reducer ring (inner ring has no number i could find). When I popped that part number into google I found that it is not a no-hub adapter but an actual reducer designed for intake hoses.

Now that I know what to look for, I could easily find these adapters for less than half of his price ($8.46 to $16.71 depending on whether I wanted the ability to upgrade to a 90mm MAF down the road), but considering how long these things must sit on his shelf collecting dust and that he already did the homework for me, I really can't be upset with the man for charging a premium.

The K&N filter adapter from the Marauder FIPK fits the Mark VIII MAF perfectly and was only $26 shipped with the gasket. It also seems like it would provider smoother airflow into the MAF than the other MAF adapters out there that go to a cone filter with a 4" base instead of a 6".

I still need to install the filter... maybe sometime this coming week. Still not quite sure if the RF-1041 will fit. If it doesn't, I'll just buy a shorter AMSOIL cone filter.

Eventually I will fab a heat shield (I have access to a nice shop at work), but that is going to be a while.

I bought my 80mm adapter from a website I found via ebay. Called www.kustomz.com

I guess they guy makes em, but either way, they are very nice aluminum adapters. I am almost done with my custome CAI and will post pictures when I am not lazy. Probably only have $75 in it soo far with part purchases. Still have to build my metal box to keep it from sucking hot air from the engine bay

Members online

Back