A couple of problems!!!!

Smoke and Mirrors

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
First of all,i hope everyone had a very nice Christmas holiday. Mine was ok until the check engine light reared it little head. On my way back from central florida,i started noticing a jerking misfire type problem while pulling out to pass. The check engine light was on and as the problem continued the CEL started blinking steady and it didn't stop until i eased back off the pedal to a steady speed. It did this twice on this trip. I've never seen a steady blink like that and was wondering if anyone knows what this means and or what causes it. My other problem is that even in the cold weather we now have in north florida...my cooling fan runs wide open...and it's starting it as soon as i crank the car. No heat or a/c on dead cold in 32 degree weather. I do have a code for a misfire(P0302) and a code for an EGR fault(P0401)

may want to take a look at the spark plugs. and plug wires. also where you using hi test gas?

The plugs and wires are 6 months old. I was using premium fuel. The misfire is in cylinder 2. Does anyone know off hand what the fuel pressure should be,and I assume that the reading is taken at the fitting on the fuel rail.

Members online

No members online now.
Back