A/C Unit Blowin REALLY Hot Air!

tim6918

LVC Member
Reaction score
My a/c is pumpin out some serious hot air. I took it into the stealership and they told me that the freon was good and I had no leaks. They told me I needed to switch out my a/c module. I just did that and I am getting the same thing.

I was wondering if any of you had any other ideas. I really don't want to take it back in and get charged again for wrong information. Let me know what oyu all think. Thanks in advance.

Tim

did you check all your fuses? mine did the same thing and before i got into all the expensive stuff i checked my fuses and it was just a blown fuse under the hood.

Would the coolant control valve cause the fuse to pop? It was a blown fuse, but when I attempted to replace it it just popped again. I went through three fuses and popped everytime.

Anyone know of any common shorting issues with the A/C on the '05 LS, or could this be related to the valve previously mentioned?

Tim

Would the coolant control valve cause the fuse to pop? It was a blown fuse, but when I attempted to replace it it just popped again. I went through three fuses and popped everytime.

Anyone know of any common shorting issues with the A/C on the '05 LS, or could this be related to the valve previously mentioned?

Tim

Yes, it would. The easy way to tell is to unplug the harness from the DCCV (make sure you unplug from the DCCV and not from the aux pump), then change the fuse again. If it doesn't blow this time, then you know it is the DCCV. (The car will still blow hot air.)

If you want more info, then use the link below.
http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xc0003.htm~gen~ref.htm

check the first ten amp fuse on the top row under the hood. Its the AC Clutch fuse. Mine blows them CONSTANTLY. It causes my AC to blow hot. Im sure its from a faulty DCCV, but for a while when the fuse is holding up it works fine.

check ur coolant, mine was doing it last week and i had a bad cap, new cap and full coolant flush for $20.00. coulda been way expensive but that was a good suprise. make sure you dont have a coolant leak too.

Members online

Back