A/C Trouble 2004 LS V8

Knuckles

LVC Member
Reaction score
Searched for A/C info here but could not find a duplicate problem so I'm asking for help. Car has 156K miles, runs fine. Start up in the a.m. and A/C blows cold within 1/2 mile or so. Get on Interstate and it blows cold the whole time. However, in town, at each stop light the A/C blows a little warmer. Drive away from the light and it cools again. But after 20 minutes or so I get very warm air and no cooling at all. Turn the A/C off for about 5 minutes and then back on and it cools for a few minutes and then very warm again.
Summary: 20 minutes of 30 to 40 MPH driving the A/C starts out cooling very well but by the end of the 20 minute time span it begins blowing very warm air.

My A/C gauges are kind of old and the hoses not long enough to reach the low side behind the driver side tire and the high side by the radiator so I can't give gauge readings just yet. Can anyone help with some clues?

It's time to update those gauges and get the pressure readings. Those will tell a lot. You might try unplugging the evaporator sensor to see if it is the problem instead.

Members online

Back