A/C Seats

Fla02LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying a new LS and just about the only factor keeping towards the 03+ is the a/c seats. In Florida they will come in use alot, so my question is how well do they actually work? Even without cooled seats after about 5-10 minutes your fine anyway. How well does it cool and how reliable of a system is it ?

The thermometer's been hovering around 100 here in NJ and I never remember to turn the damn thing on. I only remember when I have a passenger and want to show the feature off. For the most part you really won't miss it and it only makes you feel like you peed your pants anyway.

I love my AC seats. I just leave them in auto mode so I don't have to remember to turn them on. I would go for them if you get a chance. Personally I wouldn't buy another car without 'em. Also I haven't had any problems out of mine. Now the heating part is a different story. In the winter when the seats were in auto mode the seat would get real hot for a little bit and then cool back off, but nothing that I could ignore for a few seconds and it only happened when I first drove the car. After it got hot once it wouldn't do it again.

I've had the AC seats on both my LSes. Its a fabulous feature when its hot and humid out. Once you have it and use it, you will not want another car without them. Personally, I agree with Rebel. I wouldn't buy another car without them.

I agree with the others, it's a very nice feature. Keeps your butt and family jewels nice and cool in the summer. The fan is a bit loud, but you get used to it, and most people don't even notice it to be honest.

How do you put your AC/Heated seats in auto mode? I thought auto mode just controlled your Hvac in your car.

Can your seats be set in automode?

michaelanezinis said:
How do you put your AC/Heated seats in auto mode? I thought auto mode just controlled your Hvac in your car.

Can your seats be set in automode?

Press both the hot and cold buttons at the same time. The center LED over each button will light up and it will have an arrow on the CC display pointing towards the side(s) that is in auto mode.

I live in Florida also, and the A/C seats are great, work well, and are well worth it.

I'm not getting the auto feature to work on mine. Is it working for everyone else?

I've had it on both the Navigator (MUCH louder and didn't have the auto-on feature... at least not the '03-'06 models) and the LS, it's great... especially with daily temperatures in the 100-105 range (Texas). :eek: You won't be sorry.

I am thinking of maybe changing my LS to an 06 too. I have driven an 05 Aviator for about a week last year and it had the cooling seats. I loved em, very nice in hot weather.

I read in motor trend last night that AC seats can help fuel milage. When you use the seats it gives you the sensation of being cooler so you don't turn the AC up as high, which lessens the usage of the AC compressor. That means less load on your engine and better fuel milage. According to Motor Trend anyways.

Black03 said:
I'm not getting the auto feature to work on mine. Is it working for everyone else?

You have to push the heat and cool buttons simultaneously. As mentioned above, the center LED above each button will come on, and an icon of a little seat with an arrow pointing to the driver or passenger side will come on.

Here's what the manual says:

Automatic heated/cooled driver seat: To engage, press the driver side
heat and cool seat controls simultaneously. The center light above the
driver side heated and cooled controls will illuminate and the display will show [a seat icon]. This allows the seats to automatically heat or cool based on the climate control temperature selected. Press either control to disengage.

My Acura doesn't have them. The salesman told me the Acura has perforated seats and you won't notice the difference. He was full of sh1t. I really notice the difference. I wish I had them.

I got it. I just didn't have the ac on when I tried the first time and it was late and I wasn't thinking.

Members online

No members online now.
Back