A/C Question on a 2000 Town Car

Zappo90744

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have an A/C question. When I turn on my A/C it blows warm air. After 5-10 minutes the cold air starts kicking in. Does this mean I'm just low on freon? If so, where is the connector to recharge it? Thanks in advance!!!:)

Honestly - if you are asking where the port to recharge the A/C system, you shouldn't be doing this at all.

You can get up to 500 psi if you hit the wrong port. Just. Also - I'd probally just have them suck it down, let it be vacuumed out for atleast 30 minutes, than recharged. That way when it's in a vacuum you can find the leak (if there is one.)

Honestly - if you are asking where the port to recharge the A/C system, you shouldn't be doing this at all.

You can get up to 500 psi if you hit the wrong port. Just. Also - I'd probally just have them suck it down, let it be vacuumed out for atleast 30 minutes, than recharged. That way when it's in a vacuum you can find the leak (if there is one.)

Yeah, I did decide to take it to a pro. I don't want to end up with costly repairs for being cheap and trying to save $$$ by doing it myself. Thanks for the advice!!!:)

Members online

No members online now.
Back