A/C Problems

WackyWRZ

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have an A/C system wiring guide for a '91 Continental? My A/C compressor only likes to work sometimes, not always. If I switch between say Floor/Auto rapidly sometimes it will come on, but as soon as the car is shut off its a gamble wether its gonna come on again. I even tried jumpering the low pressure switch, but nothing. I was thinking of putting a switch inside that activated the compressor and the fan so I could run it manually.

Is it the digital climate control? Does the heat work normally? Does the display work? I know on the tc's the blender door acutator is a common problem. But if you could provide more details.

Pepsi2185 said:
Is it the digital climate control? Does the heat work normally? Does the display work? I know on the tc's the blender door acutator is a common problem. But if you could provide more details.

Yes it is the digital control. I believe its somewhere in the computer that controls it, because if I apply 12v to the compressor cluch it'll engage and spin, and blow out icy cold air, but if I try and get it to operate from just putting the climate control on A/C its a tossup whether it'll work or not. Thats why I figured its a computer problem or a bad relay, but I would need a wiring guide to even start diagnosing that.

Thats good that it is just the AC control. Chances are its not the controller and just a relay or something.

Check fuse H in the engine compartment fuse box. Make sure to do a continuity check on the fuse because those type are hard to tell if they are blown.

See if there is a small AC fuse relay center some lincolns have a separate box for AC clutch and fuses.

Follow the wires from the compressor and see if the relay is on the firewall.

Keep us posted.

Members online

Back