A/C problem

bjlmk8

LVC Member
Reaction score
after sitting for a couple years, my 1995 mark8 is back in action. All good but ac, when I turn ac on, the clutch rotates only a few inches, (quarter of a full rotation or so) and will not turn completely to drive compressor. Tried jumping low pressure switch, no help. How can I diagnose either a worn clutch, electrical issue or whatever. Also where is expansion valve on this system.
thanks !

I'd start with the air-gap adjustment on the clutch.

Ok! I’ve seen several videos pertaining to that issue. That clutch plate looks easy to take off with just the center bolt to remove. I’m wondering if replacing just that plate would take care of gap issue.

after sitting for a couple years, my 1995 mark8 is back in action. All good but ac, when I turn ac on, the clutch rotates only a few inches, (quarter of a full rotation or so) and will not turn completely to drive compressor. Tried jumping low pressure switch, no help. How can I diagnose either a worn clutch, electrical issue or whatever. Also where is expansion valve on this system.
thanks !

I'd start with the air-gap adjustment on the clutch.
Thanks for your help! Will have more issues I’m sure. Car set up for couple years with occasional start ups, and no driving. Most of my issues seem to be electrical. I’ve been told that Ford vehicles tend to have grounding problems as a result of setting up.

I have yet to get ac to work, I’ve been eliminating possible issues. Cleaned compressor clutch and took out one shim. I’m now finding that my cooling fan is not working, engine temp is still in normal but runs up in slow traffic and cools on interstate cruising. I know ac will not work with faulty cooling fan, fan works when word direct to battery.
where is cooling fan sending unit and fuse/relay. Thanks!

I have a 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII as well, this vehicle was sitting in my garage for about 4 years. Once I started driving it again....... NO cold A/C.! After two bullshit expensive estimates, it was my service valve! A $30.00 dollar repair. Be cautious when it concerns A/C repair.

Members online

No members online now.
Back