A/C help

Lincolnguy

LVC Member
Reaction score
Can someone either give me a link or help out with this question that be great. My a/c works great on driver side passenger side on the other hand doesn't work so good , and, the driver and passenger settings can't be more then 5 degrees different. For example if I have the heater on like 80 and passenger set there's to 65 or 70 it will just blow 80 on both. The car is first gen v8 no codes, other then my clock spring. Coming into summer I like this fixed thats

Didn't search at all did you?
Classic symptom of failing DCCV.

Only way I can search is by Google I use the search here I get error screen every time that's way I asked for a link or help but thank u

... I use the search here I get error screen every time ...

Using Chrome browser and it seems to complete searches without errors.

Keyword(s): replace, DCCV = http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/search.php?searchid=12513

Your DCCV, (Dual Climate Control Valve) is getting old and locking up on one side, not allowing itself to close completely and thereby not stopping itself from allowing further hot coolant to go past into the heater core. It's the most common repair for the LS when there is luke warm temps coming from the passenger side while in A/C cooling mode. Another option is one of the blend doors in behind the dash. You'll want to pray the DCCV is the culprit cuz in behind the dash looking for blend doors is worse than swapping out a Gen 1 DCCV.

Please note that there are no air temperature blend doors*. There are only air doors that control where the air comes out, not the temperature. There is also one that controls if fresh air is used or recycled air it used.
*: Gen I has a cold-air bypass door. It does not control temperature, but if it fails in the bypass position, you won't be able to get any heated air.

thanks joe ... and one could assume that if the blend door failed somewhere halfway in between, it won't shut of the heat 100% and thereby blending with the requested A/C air.

???

thanks joe ... and one could assume that if the blend door failed somewhere halfway in between, it won't shut of the heat 100% and thereby blending with the requested A/C air.

???
If it failed half way between, you couldn't get full heat, but you could get some heat. However, as long as you weren't calling for full heat, the system would seem to be working correctly. Only the DCCV could cause you to get heat when you didn't want it.

Been there, done that, bought the parts.

OP needs to re&re DCCV and attend to other cooling system parts while in there.

Replacing the DCCV fixed my A/C "passenger side warm" problem as recommended by everyone on LVC here.

Members online

No members online now.
Back