A/c help car is haunted !

04silverls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I think my car is haunted JP lol. Well first 8 nails in 3 tires, ok new tires then coils go, ok all 6 new new coils. wheel bearing goes bad, ok new bearings. NOW the A/c its sorta cold not 60* cold while car is sitting it feels more like 75 with no ac button on, But awhile im gaining speed past 35-40 its ICE COLD. like tonight went on highway with the cruise at 70 it was ice cold whole time 45 min both ways.

Soo what do you guys think is going on ?

OH yea and my cooled / heated seats will work for about 2min and kick off turn car off turn back on they work fine its when they want to work basically any opinions here too ?? im going to be broke this summer lol. and i get a BEEP BEEP BEEP sometimes when getting off highway when i put my turn signal on this is all within 2weeks.

I get the random beeps every once in a while and my drivers side heated/cooled seat doesnt work either.

Oh well. The A/C issue, is it just one side? could be the DCCV....

The usual suspects for that symptom, in order are:

1. Cooling fan (rare for there to be problems with the electric fan, but check anyway).

2. Dirt between the condenser and the radiator.

3. Low refrigerant level.

4. Bad expansion valve.

5. Failure of the variable displacement feature of the AC compressor.

6. Refrigerant contamination.

no its cold or warm on both sides but i never have the passenger side turned on its on auto most of the time. thanks joegr ill get to checkin today ill keep updated. any body on the heated and cooled seats ??

and i get a BEEP BEEP BEEP sometimes when getting off highway when i put my turn signal on this is all within 2weeks.

if you leave the turn signal on for a long time it starts beeping to remind you to turn it off.

no its cold or warm on both sides but i never have the passenger side turned on its on auto most of the time. thanks joegr ill get to checkin today ill keep updated. any body on the heated and cooled seats ??

Sorry, I missed the seat question. There are a few common failures of the seat. A Ford specific code scanner would pick up the codes from the seats and help to diagnose the problem.

Generally, if the seat shuts down after a short time it means that the heat/cooling device is overheating. The first thing to check is the seat filters. If they are clogged, then this will cause overheating. Two other common causes are (1) the ducts in the seat bottom get crushed, or (2) the ducts going to the seat back become detached.

You can often check to see if it is crushed seat ducts by turning the seat on with no one sitting in it. If it runs for several minutes with on one in it, but stops shortly after someone sits in it, it's crushed ducts. I posted a TSB on how to fix this (very involved) somewhere on this forum once.

As was said, the turn signal beep works as designed. It's supposed to beep if you travel too far (not time based) with the signal on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back