A/C doesnt cool when idling

ESP J

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
is this normal , basically only when im pressing on the accelerator does it cool otherwise its just the fan blowing, if the red light takes to long i have to gently press the gas so my a/c doesnt stop cooling

is this normal? if not how do i fix this

also does it mean i need a new dccv if the passenger side sometimes does the opposite of what my driver side is doing? my ddriver side always is correct , but once in a while the passenger side acts up

this sucks cause i have Hyperhidrosis which basically if i dont have cold air blowing at me im sweating , even if its -10 degrees lol

AC could be seizing when the engine idles but then under more power starts to work. Any weird noises from your belts?

nope none , i do hear what sounds like a slight gurgle , i thought it was me until my mom and gf said the same thing , gurgle comes from what seems right hand side under hood

gurgle comes from what seems right hand side under hood

Please clarify right hand side where the gurgle sound comes from (i.e. standing at the front of the car with the hood open, or while sitting in the car). More specifically... Drivers or Passenger side?

Please clarify right hand side where the gurgle sound comes from (i.e. standing at the front of the car with the hood open, or while sitting in the car). More specifically... Drivers or Passenger side?

my bad , when im driving , passenger side

1) Lincoln LS 2005 Luxury V8?
2) How many Miles?
3) Have you ever replaced the belt tensioner or DCCV or A/C components?

Sounds like DCCV (or belt tensioner), but others more knowledgable will chime in...

1) Lincoln LS 2005 Luxury V8?V6
2) How many Miles?160k
3) Have you ever replaced the belt tensioner or DCCV or A/C components?No i havent, when i bought it i took it to get the a/c recharged

Sounds like DCCV (or belt tensioner), but others more knowledgable will chime in...

is this normal , basically only when im pressing on the accelerator does it cool otherwise its just the fan blowing, if the red light takes to long i have to gently press the gas so my a/c doesnt stop cooling

is this normal? if not how do i fix this

also does it mean i need a new dccv if the passenger side sometimes does the opposite of what my driver side is doing? my ddriver side always is correct , but once in a while the passenger side acts up

this sucks cause i have Hyperhidrosis which basically if i dont have cold air blowing at me im sweating , even if its -10 degrees lol

No, it's not normal.
Your refrigerant (R-134a) is low. It may have outgassed through the hoses over time (normal) or you may have a leak (not normal). You should get it refilled.

No, it's not normal.
Your refrigerant (R-134a) is low. It may have outgassed through the hoses over time (normal) or you may have a leak (not normal). You should get it refilled.

must have leak , it was recharged a day after i bought it in mid january, if i physically look at the DCCV can i tell if it broken or something?

must have leak , it was recharged a day after i bought it in mid january, if i physically look at the DCCV can i tell if it broken or something?

No the DCCV is a set of solenoids and the problems would be within

DCCV.jpg

Have you tried bleeding the cooling system just to be sure its not that?

No the DCCV is a set of solenoids and the problems would be within

DCCV.jpg

Have you tried bleeding the cooling system just to be sure its not that?

nope i havent , ill def do that when i have a chance

Members online

No members online now.
Back