A/C blowing hot air

superflyls8

New LVC Member
Reaction score
when i have my a/c on for a while it starts to blow warm air on the passenger side..wondering if anybody has any suggestions?

is it cold on drivers side? does your car have a dual zone climate-if so, the sensor or an actuator motor could be bad on passanger side.

I just got mine back from the shop. I paid 160 last year to have it fixed and it was blowing cold after they fixed it then it just went bcak to hot again. So they recharged the system and its back to cold. He said all AC units leak its just a matter of how much. They couldnt find a leak so i guess im stuck paying 40 bucks a summer to have cold air.

What? all systems leak -rubbish. My 1965 T-Bird was last charged in 1995 - still ice cold today - 12years later (gotta luv R-12, till you have to pay for it). Same with my 94' E-150 with R-22 I have added an oil shot to the compressor but never added gas, still stupid ice the windows cold.

The gas never actually goes bad, it either leaks out or gets contaminated - wrong oil, too much water in the system. The newer systems do seem to leak more than the old R-12 I believe the molecules are much smaller and can pass through seals more.

The regs in my area are so tight that if a system leaks there are 2 options repair the leak or evacuate the system. Some mechanics are pretty cool, but if they get caught charging a system that leaks they can loose their license to service A/C.

Anyway, find a tech with a trace wand or similar device. If it leaks this tool should be able to locate it.

dead right Frat man du!!!! With the motor running and the air movement it can make it hard to pinpoint a small leak , you can a put a red dye in the sytem to trace the leak

Ijust had mine fixed it had a leak through one of the o-rings down by the compressor. Works fine now. My guy went around with this sniffer thing and I guess in smelled the leak.

mine was blowing cool out the left side and hot out the right side. just last week i had it charged and it works good now. very cold everywhere now.

Alright, so the pass and driver's side A/C systems are totally separate? One can discharge while the other is fine? I had thought my DCCV was bad, but it looks like it might be possible the pass side is just discharged. I will check that before going to the DCCV. Someone let me know if the systems aren't separate.

Mine was doing the same thing. It's not two separate systems, but due to the design, when the system is low on freon the passenger side gets the bulk of the warm air.

A freon charge fixed mine right up.

Is you wife/girlfriend in the car when you notice the temp difference? Maybe it's not the car ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back