a bit of tie rod movement, how bad? Can I wait till it warms up?

91 LSC SE

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I made a video but it seems only pics can be uploaded? I do not have a storage site to upload it too.

I have noticed a rare clunk - maybe 1 of out 10 times that I back out of my driveway. If I back straight , it never makes the sound.

What is the best to use - Motocraft has these listed. Looks like Amazon put the pic for the inner for both inner and outer
Motorcraft MES3105 Inner Tie Rod $36.78
Motorcraft MEOE36 Steering Tie Rod $25.06

FYI I did upper and lower control arms two years ago (all AC Delco Professional), these seem to be great parts, but would think Motocraft would be better, no?
Proforged 104-10405 Front Inner ,has a million mile warranty - anyone use these?

Last edited:
There's a lot of stuff that can go CLUNK. I had Arnott front air struts that started clunking after 1 year. Strut bushings seem to go bad. Rear shock bushings go bad. I've never had tie rod's go bad, but they can. I'd check it all before I bought parts.

Thanks Tony,

Good to hear you haven't ever had a tie rods go bad.
I found a way to upload the video. I'm pretty sure this should be replaced, just wondering if I have a couple weeks till it warms up or if I should replace as soon as possible. click link for video: MEGA

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back