a 95 Mark VIII story ...

inheritVIII

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So im coming off the highway, and i stop at the Light...it's turns Green so i accelerate then i hear a "clank/pop" and pretty much lose all power (not electrically speaking) so i coast into the nearest parking lot cruising at about 5MPH. So i have a Dimwit(Long story) of a mechanic tell me something is wrong w/ the Valves and said it will cost me about 1500 to #1 have him find out whats really wrong in detail #2 fix it . My mechanical know how only includes changing Oil, Brakes & Rotors..so i'm a bit lost. Someone told me that 1995 models are known to break valvesprings so is there any one to absolutely confirm this? Any general advice on how to proceed with this would be fantastic , i really dont wanna have to sell it being as though i inherited this from my Grandfather (original owner 119k miles)

Or take the valve cover off and do a visual. 1500 to tell you whats wrong fu@#$% him!

Ahh!! just realized mine is a 95 is this a common problem with this year only?:confused:

it's a known issue with 94-97's somewhere in 97-98 they upgraded the valve springs.

it's fairly common, but I'd say it affects 3-5% of the cars.

it's probably due to a bad batch of unicorn piss, there were some counterfit unicorn piss going around, it was really just Donkey/JackAzz piss in an unicorn container
all were imported from taiwan and have TW markings on the bottom

it's probably due to a bad batch of unicorn piss, there were some counterfit unicorn piss going around, it was really just Donkey/JackAzz piss in an unicorn container
all were imported from taiwan and have TW markings on the bottom

Yes I read that....but it only affects 95 Mark VIII's.

I think 1bad4.6l better sell his before some gets into his fuel causing his valve springs to snap.

Hey Tommy, how many WOT 1/4 mile runs does it take to break a 95 valve spring?

(wise old owl voice)
WELLLlllll LEssseeeee.

ah One...
ah two....

10 years go by

ahh.. 4000...
Ahhhhh WHERE THE F IS MY CAR!

...the world may never know

Members online

Back