9th Annual LvC Beach Party 2014 discussion Thread

So any ideas for 2014 - Dinner? Friday how did the grill out go, maybe Joey could make us some of that Italian Beef and get his ass to the next meet LOL ...

Also - Do you guys want to have a meal stop planned on the cruise as we did the last two years where we all sit down together or stop were people can just eat as they feel?

I know Mike wants to do the Canoeing/ Kayaking on the river again on Friday Afternoon. How early can people get here? They take the last group out for the 8 mile drop at 2 PM, and it take about 2 to 3 hours to paddle the 8 miles with a few stops.

We could have the people gather at the boat landing to begin with on Friday as we wait for the people to come in off the river, and then head back to my house.
2010WisconsinArrivingInBoscobel_lg.jpg
millvill.jpg
2010-PIA-Conference-Land-Between-the-Lakes-024-300x225.jpg

2010WisconsinArrivingInBoscobel_lg.jpg

millvill.jpg

2010-PIA-Conference-Land-Between-the-Lakes-024-300x225.jpg

For any newbs .... to LvC or the Beach Party ... I post this early so people can start planning, saving, or making arrangements to come from all over. Remember if you live further away than you'd like to drive your car, you can always fly in to Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, Rockford, Dubuque, or LaCrosse, and we'll arrange for someone to pick you up. Remember, If you want to be picked up please give us ample warning so we can make plans around your arrival or arrange members who maybe passing through to meet you. It's not as much about the cars as it is about the Great Membership of the Site.

I drive from NJ and am happy to pick up anyone along the way. I could use the company.

I talked to the people who own the Canoe rental place and they suggested that we should do our grill out at the Boat Landing or on one of the Sand Bars. I believe the closest Sand Bars are accessible with out going by boat "Chickens"

Hoping to make it there this time. 2014 is going to be tough for me w/ my school loan interest coming down on me pretty hard. Hoping to actually drive a Mark up there though too... if it ever gets done. We shall see.

Stangman, maybe we can carpool/share rooms to save $$$

Hoping to make it there this time. 2014 is going to be tough for me w/ my school loan interest coming down on me pretty hard. Hoping to actually drive a Mark up there though too... if it ever gets done. We shall see.

Maybe Frogman Will drop in this year? It would be nice to see the big lug again ¿-)

I am going to request the days off for the beach party tomorrow, i am fairly certain that i will get them. The funding for the trip is not looking to good at the moment, As soon as i hear about what the next fiscal year's funding is going to be like at work i will know for about funding for the trip.

Last edited:
We usually stay at Governor Dodge State Park around this time. Might be moving that weekend, not sure yet. We'll see if we can make it out.

Guys and ladies i will not be able to make it to the Beach Party this year. My air conditioning compressor went out last Thursday and it is going to cost me $866 to get it fixed. It sucks real bad that i will miss this year's meet but i need to get my car fixed before summer gets to far along, I don't want anybody mad at me for not being able to be there this year it was beyond my control. Everyone have the time of their lives and i will see everyone at the 10th meet.

The work on my car has been completed and the bill paid. I will miss everyone but this needed to be done, have a safe and fun time.

Due to the generosity of a Great friend, i will be at the beach party this year after all.

Members online

No members online now.
Back