99 Sls Tires

Briley

LVC Member
Reaction score
Am really hoping someone is around today to answer my question. I just bought a 99 sls because my 95 conti got totaled in an accident. My question is about the tires. I just recently put new tires on my Conti and the tires on the Seville could stand to be changed.. so my question is can I swap them?

The conti had 225/60R16 and the sls has 235/60R16.. the tires on the conti still have a 70k mile warranty and have only been driven about 6k .. I just called the tire place and they said they wouldnt recommend swapping that I should stick with the 'original/recommended' size otherwise it could cause me issues.

thoughts? Really need an answer fairly soon, the insurance folks will be coming to get my Conti soon.

thanks

If you do that your speedometer will read 1.8% slow. Not bad, definitely something you can live with. May even help you psychologically as you pass the next radar trap. The only other issue could be the rim width, but going from a 225 to a 235 shouldn't be an issue. To be sure you need to find out your rim width and then look up the tire on a site like tire rack and see what the recommended widths are for that model tire.

thanks for the info ~ I will try to check out the tire rack site. I am definitely not mechanically inclined, however in reading these forums I learn a lot.

OOOps forgot to ask, how do you find out the tire width? I thought that was what the 225 and 235 is... dont laugh.. told you I was a novice :)

Just talked to a guy at the Tire Rack and he confirmed everything you told me and stated it shouldnt be a problem to make the swap.. Thank you so much!

Members online

Back