98 SLS Garage Opener

badbolr

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi. Just bought my wife a cherry 98 SLS with 61k miles. Anybody know how to program the universal remote to match my door opener? I tried the process in the manual but it doesn't work. My opener is not that old either. I hold the two SLS universal opener outer buttons to clear & reset. I hold the SLS button I want to pgrm along with my remote pointing at it with the remote button pressed too. SLS button blinks slow, then fast. Book says to let both go when the SLS button blinks fast and the unit is set. Unfortunately that doesn't work.... The next time I press the SLS button it blinks fast again immediately and doesn't open my door. HELP!

This won't be too much help, but mine doesn't work either (I have a 98 STS). My door opener is probably 7 years old. It also didn't work in my Mark VIII, so I always figured it was something to do with the opener, not the car.

It works on my 99 STS and I love it! Call your garage door opener company and see if they can help. There should be an 800 number on the unit.

Kale

Garage door opener.

badbolr said:
Hi. Just bought my wife a cherry 98 SLS with 61k miles. Anybody know how to program the universal remote to match my door opener? I tried the process in the manual but it doesn't work. My opener is not that old either. I hold the two SLS universal opener outer buttons to clear & reset. I hold the SLS button I want to pgrm along with my remote pointing at it with the remote button pressed too. SLS button blinks slow, then fast. Book says to let both go when the SLS button blinks fast and the unit is set. Unfortunately that doesn't work.... The next time I press the SLS button it blinks fast again immediately and doesn't open my door. HELP!

You probably have a newer type garage door opener which has a roaming, everchanging signal. What you need to do is hit the program button on the garage door opener as your last step so that it will recognize the code from your Cadilac garage door opener. It worked for me and it should work for you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back